This article will show you what to check if you and your users are experiencing issues with sending messages.
Are you having trouble with?
- Send button greyed out?
- Error message when sending a message?
- Error message saying you haven’t got access to the account?
- Error message saying an error occurred?
There could be multiple reasons you’re experiencing issues with sending messages. Below are a number of areas for you to check that should help you pinpoint the problem or make a change to solve the issue.
- If the send button is greyed out or you’re receiving an error suggesting you require access to the account, we’d advise checking if the user has permission to the media account being used to send the message. To check this, go to the Configuration Menu, and click on Media Accounts. Then locate the media account being used and ensure the correct teams have been added to the account (this gives permission for the users to use this account and reply to customers).
- If you’re having issues sending a message with attachments, it may be due to the file type not being allowed on that channel. You can learn more about each channel’s supported attachment types here.
- If you’re receiving a generic error message, an error message mentioning tokens or authentication, this would indicate an issue with the account being used. Go check this, go Configuration Menu, and click on Media Accounts. Then locate the media account being used and any issues or errors will be displayed as a banner on the media account. For social channels, the action taken to resolve the problem will be to relink the account. You can learn more about adding accounts here (adding and relinking accounts is the same process).
🗝️ Still having trouble? Head over to our service desk and log a ticket here, the Gnatta Team will be right with you to help you!