This article explains how to prevent items in queues from being assigned to users that are in specific states.
For example, if your Users are 5 minutes from finishing their shift you may want them to set to an Online state of ‘Dial Down’ this state can then be excluded from your WebChat or Voice queues. This means the user doesn’t receive any ‘Live’ work at the end of their shift. You may also want to create a ‘Priority Channel’ state and when this is used only escalations, calls and chats are assigned. Here’s how you do it.
- First, navigate to the Configuration Section.
- Next select Queues and then the Queue you want to update.
- You will see the Excluded Custom States option on the Queue as shown below, select this.
- You will see the below options appear and you can select the states you wish to exclude
- Select Set Custom State, once you’ve made your selection. The States set will also now show on the queue as below.
- Finally, select Save, and the setup for that Queue will be complete.