In this article, you’ll learn about how to set up notifications for your teams and company to improve how you collaborate and share information with each other.
As an Admin, open the Configuration menu and select Notifications.
Once this is selected, you should see that a new segment is loaded to the right of the configuration panel. Click the Add button to load the below menu.
- Recipient (Multichoice option with Company and Teams)
- Team (You should only see this field if Teams is selected on the recipient option, this will be a dropdown of all teams on the domain and allow multi-select)
- Priority (Drop down with High or Normal option) This will determine the logo and colour of the notifications to a user. Red for high and purple for normal.
- Title (Max 30 Character, should show a count)
- Body title (This will be a text input box with a character count with the maximum being 350 characters)
- URL (Optional)
- Show Notification Until (Date Picker)
Once the relevant fields are filled in, the option to Send will appear at the top.
Given that you have completed all required fields you will see a confirmation asking if you are sure to proceed.
Notifications List View
As an Admin, when you have loaded the notifications segment in the admin section and you have selected Add you should see a green banner appear with the text New Notification.Once notifications have been created you should see that these appear in a list in date order (newest first) and these will appear in real-time. You will also see the time of the notification and the date/time that the notification was created.
As a Gnatta admin, when creating a notification you should see a ‘Show Notification From’ field. Once the Date/Time has been set, the notification will show at the time selected.
🗝️ If the Date/Time is not set for the ‘Show Notification From’ field, the notification will show straight away.
As a Gnatta Admin, given that you select a notification that is pending you will be able to edit the following:
🗝️ If you select a notification that is published you should be able to edit the expiration only.
Once a notification has been published you should see a second tab on the notification called Recipients. Once this has been selected you should see a list of users who have read the notification. This will be ordered by name and will also show the date/time that they read the notification.
Notification List Styling
Once the Notification segment has been loaded and you are viewing the list you should see the following:
- Published Notifications will have a green notification icon to the left.
- Pending Notifications will have a light blue notification icon to the left.
- Expired Notifications will have a grey notification icon to the left.
Once you select a published notification you should see an expire option in the header. Once you select Expire you should see that the notification has expired and it is then removed from the notification list.
Notifications Styling (Filtering And Order)
When the Notification segment is loaded and you are viewing the list, you should see that the order is published notifications by date (latest first), then pending by date (latest first) and then expired by date (latest first).
There is a filter option in the segment header which will allow you to select Published, Pending, or Expired notifications. The list will be updated once a selection has been made.
🗝️ If you have any more questions, please do get in contact with your Service Delivery Manager.