In this article, we’ll show you how to add dynamic data, where it is used, and how to group these into sets.
Dynamic Data is incredibly important for collecting information on interactions, making automated decisions based on this information, and creating in-depth reporting data.
Where Dynamic Data is Used
Dynamic data is used in various different areas of Gnatta, most commonly on Interactions in the Update panel, where advisors will fill in the information regarding the interaction.
The dynamic data completed on interactions can then be used in Analytics for reporting, with you being able to report on any piece of dynamic data and filter by it.
Dynamic data is also key when creating a Workflow. Values can be used to make decisions such as routing and automated responses as well information can be automatically selected and input onto interactions without advisors needing to collect this manually.
Adding Dynamic Data
To add Dynamic data, you first navigate to the Configuration panel in Gnatta.
- Select Dynamic Data.
- Click Add and you will be presented with the below.
You then need to Name your dynamic data, select the Type and Presentation Type. Here are some examples of how to configure your dynamic data.
- Free text field (Examples: email address, phone number, customer ID) – select the type as String and the presentation type as Editor.
- Interaction Status (Example: Status of opening and closing interactions) – select the type as Status and presentation type of SingleSelect.
- Option-Data field (Examples: Reason for contact, Country, Language) – select the type as String and presentation type of SingleSelect.
For types that have been set as SingleSelect you can add in the options you want to be available in your data. Once SingleSelect has been chosen, you will see the below.
Selecting the + button will load this segment and you can add a name for your option.
Click Apply and this will appear in your options list, you can sort these alphabetically or you can present them in a custom order (if you wanted to place your most commonly used at the top).
When adding options for a status type there is an additional key selection needed of setting the status as an open or closed state.
Dynamic Data Sets
Sets are used to group your dynamic data together for various different usages such as a group of data fields to be shown to advisors, pre-chat and post-chat surveys.
- After loading the Dynamic Data page, select the Sets tab.
- Click Add and you will see the below.
- Input a Name and select Save.
You’ll then see the newly created dynamic data set in the list, select and you will see the below.
Clicking the + button will then allow you to select a dynamic data type to add to your set.
You can then order these if you wish (most users place the most important dynamic data at the top of their data set). Using the expand and collapse icon you can then reposition them.