This article will show you how to add a Queue.
Within Gnatta, Interactions are routed to Queues and in turn, will then be assigned to advisors.
You can add a queue by selecting the Configuration icon in the top right of the display. You will then need to select Queues from the menu on the left. The Queues segment will then appear, which will either be empty or will have previously created queues in. Selecting Add will let you add a new queue.
Once you select Add the below section will load.
As you can see there are a number of details to complete, here is the detail on each of them.
Name: This is the title of the queue, visible to advisors. This is shown in analytics and other places of the system so it’s advised a name is chosen that will distinguish this queue from others.
Score: There are two options here, Minutes on Queue or Minutes Customer Waiting.
This is one of the deciding factors of assignation (see a further explanation of assignation here).
- Minutes on Queue – How long the interaction has been waiting to be assigned in the specified queue.
- Minutes Customer Waiting – How long the customer has been waiting for a reply.
🗝️ You’ll use a different score depending on how you use each queue. If you are unsure and would like guidance then please reach out to your Service Delivery Manager.
Position: This is again an important factor in assignation and this decides the position of the queue, you can have multiple queues with the same position. We advise that your most important queues are given the lowest number so these are prioritised accordingly.
Default Service Level and Sevice Levels: To complete this selection you will have needed to have previously added Service Levels, see our guide here. Service Levels are the most important factor regarding the importance of items in Gnatta.
- Default Service Level – This is the importance of an interaction when it first enters the queue.
- Service Levels – This is where you can control the importance of interactions over time. For example, you could have interactions increasing in importance every 10 minutes to ensure you meet your service time for this queue.
Assignation Mechanic: There are two options available here, Round Robin and Fill. Round Robin is the most commonly used.
- Round Robin – This means that interactions are assigned to a different user until everyone has been assigned the same amount and then the cycle repeats.
- Fill – Would look to assign the first user to their full capacity (this could vary by the user due to User Capacities) and then move onto the next advisor and then look to assign that user up to capacity. Users will be assigned up to their capacity based on who last became available (either by closing an interaction or setting to an available state).
You can now Save the Queue at this point but we would advise adding a Team to the queue first. You should add the teams you want to receive work from the Queue.
Adding Teams to a Queue
You should add the teams you want to receive work from the Queue and you can add multiple teams to a Queue.
- When you’ve selected a Queue, select the Teams tab.
- Then click Add and select the teams you want to be assigned to this queue.
- Click Save and work from the queue will be assigned to users in that team.
You can revisit and update this along with all the other selections we have discussed in this article.